School swimmers who are not registered with the regional aquatic body, Nelson Mandela Bay Aquatics (NMBA) and who have achieved a place in the top 8 positions at the “B” Age Group Galas are invited by NMBA to participate in this gala. The Top 8 Invitational Gala is a prestigious event and participants can be extremely proud to be invited to participate. The Top 8 Invitational Gala 2021/22 will take place on Friday 12 November 2021 at the Newton Park Aquatic Centre. The gala will commence at 18:00
• The top 8 girls and boys in each age group - 8 & under, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 - 16, 17 & over, in each stroke will be invited to participate at this gala. There will be NO Butterfly events for 10 & under.
• The swimmers’ times will be drawn from the results of all the “B” Age Group Galas.
• Age will be as at the date of the Top 8 Invitational Gala.
• Any registered swimmer who has represented the District and/or Province or has achieved a Level 3 qualifying time IN THE CURRENT SEASON will not be invited to participate. All unregistered school swimmers will therefore be eligible to be invited to participate at the Top 8 Invitational Gala.
• Competitors will be advised through their schools.
• Medals are awarded to the first three places and ribbons to the finalists (4th - 8th place).
• A Victor/Victrix Ludorum Floating Trophy which will also be awarded.
TROPHIES: Two Beetle Trophies will be awarded as follows;
• The school with the most number of participants at the Top 8 Invitational Gala.
• The school with the most participants at ALL four “B” Age Group Galas.