THESE GALAS ARE FOR PRIMARY AND HIGH SCHOOL SWIMMERS
- All four galas will be held at Newton Park Swimming Pool
- Swimmers must be able to swim 50m. All strokes are swum.
- The age groups are: 8 & under, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 & over. Swimmers will compete according to their age on the day of the gala
- PLEASE NOTE: There are no Butterfly events for the 10 & under
- Results will be shown in these ages: 8/under, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13-14, and 15 & over.
- Swimmers may not wear 2 costumes or costumes with clips or zips.
- Events will be announced but no individual swimmer will be called. Team Managers are to ensure that their swimmers report to the Competitor Steward timeously.
- All results will be captured electronically and stored on the NMBA data base
- ENTRIES: Event results will be timed using the ETD (Electronic Timing Device). The names of the swimmers will be captured on to the Nelson Mandela Bay Aquatics’ database which will make it easier when selecting the TOP 8 swimmers as well as any Provincial School Teams.
- Schools entering 5 or less swimmers may submit manual entries by filling in the competitors list (copy will be sent)
1. Name of the swimmer – as per Birth Certificate.
2. Gender (B/G).
3. Ethnic Group (for statistical purposes).
4. Date of Birth and Age (age on day of Gala).
5. Strokes in which the swimmer wishes to participate.
6. You will no longer be required to fill in time cards.
7. Swimmers will swim according to his/her name listed on the official programme.
• The completed forms must be forwarded to;
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE POOL SIDE. NO ENTRY - NO SWIM!
Should you arrive at the gala and your swimmer has not been entered they will not be allowed to participate.
….PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO THE PARENTS….
• ENTRY FEES: R40 per swimmer - irrespective of the number of events swum.
• Once a swimmer has been entered, they will be liable for the R40 fee.
• No refunds for withdrawals.
• Certificates will be awarded to 1st 2nd and 3rd places.
• Swimmers do not have to be registered with NMBA.
• Results will be emailed to the participating school and NOT to individual parents.
• Results will be posted on the NMBA website - www.nmb-aquatics.co.za